SMD code

Can someone please ID this SMD code - B243

Thanks !

Reply to
Minestorm

Too many wildly different devices have the same codes--you usually have to have more information than that.

You'll need more clues--at least the number of pins & package type.

Even better if you know who made it, what it does in the circuit, and better still if a DMM tells you whether it's a diode, schottky, transistor, MOSFET, IC, etc.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

SOT-23 (3 pins)

Don't know the make, but I think it's a SEEPROM of some sort

Reply to
Minestorm

On a sunny day (Sun, 23 Oct 2011 06:30:06 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Minestorm wrote in :

Not likely, for an I2C eeprom or SPI EPPROM you need more wires. data clock Vdd Vss minimum makes 4, unless they use a packet system and the ting has a data separator, very unlikely. Could be transistor of some sort.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

A 3 pin EPROM. Yeah... sure...

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

That's a start. So, it's 3 pins, SOT-23, digital (not linear, power or discrete).

Nothing obvious pops up with those assumptions. 'Scoping it live might clarify a lot.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Sure, yes indeed.

From the information given, the chances are very good that it's a Microchip 11AA020 256x8 SEEPROM 1.8~5.5V.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Then any 256x8 SOT-23 part should be a drop in replacement. He should not need to get the exact part short of a mil contract.

They will all be in that voltage range and will all follow similar addressing shcemas/standards.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

unlikely.

Turns out you were unfamiliar with what the S of the SEE of the EPROM stood/stands for as well.

Serial.

Same pin I/O. Serial also means no clock, per se.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

That's a brave statement..... :(

Reply to
TTman

Ponder how many serial EEPROM interface standards there could possibly be.

Note the spec opened the voltage up all the way to over 5 volts.

Note also that nearly no modern designs operate there either, however.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

There is a website listing those. Hope this helps.

Reply to
LM

No, nothing digital at 3 pins, some linear e.g. tl431, various voltage regulators, transistors, and dual diodes will qualify. Also some circuit termination devices.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Oops. Wow. I had no idea any such thing was possible. Not sure i believe it yet.

?-(

Reply to
josephkk