Small photocells

Like those found in light powered pocket calculators etc., I spent may be 15 minutes searching and found nothing.

Perhaps I am missing some word - photovoltaic etc. refer me to large panels, anyway, I could not find where do these grow. Perhaps someone has done the exercise already?

Thanks,

Dimiter

------------------------------------------------------ Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

"Dimiter_Popoff"

** Most folk just take them from $2 garden lights sold in supermarkets and handyman stores.

You get 3V worth of solar cells, a white LED, a couple of AAA rechargeables and some stainless tubing.

Bargain of the century...

** Try Ebay under "small solar panels" - heaps of hits.

But the garden lights beat all for value.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:39:10 +0200) it happened Dimiter_Popoff wrote in :

Jan Panteltje

Thanks, I'll investigate these garden lights, perhaps they have them in the stores nearby (Metro, Praktiker etc.).

Dimiter

------------------------------------------------------ Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

Whoa, thanks! I did not search digikey, just Mouser and thought it would be the same.... :D Or may be Mouser carry them too but I used the wrong words, of course :-). I went for "photo" rather than "solar".

Dimiter

Dimiter_Popoff

How about this?:

youtube.com: Make Solar Cell Transistor Powered Calculator using 2n3055

Can be bolted onto a heat sink...

/Glenn

Reply to
Glenn