Small genset

How about modifying one of those wind up flashlights? A pair is only $7.99.

It would be a cheap way to test your idea, and it already has a case. :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

We lost ours a few years back. But, they would never have been able to handle that *long* of a walk (even today at 70F -- let alone

100F come Summer!)

All I had to do was use the "w" word in a conversation within earshot and they would start crying/yelping *until* the leashes came out (at which point, they would start jumping to be the first to get "connected" :-/ )

Sheesh! Wish it was that easy to please *people*! ;-)

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Yep, our Rottie is slowing down a lot now and can't do the super-long loop anymore. He's almost 13. Sometimes his hindleg muscles give out, or he can't set the hindlegs far enough apart and he falls on his behind. But he still enjoys walks.

100F is no problem, we just move our walks to early morning or late evening (with Harborfreight headlamp ...). That's one of the nice things about self-employment.

Same here, and they understand it in other languages as well. Even if we say nothing, somehow they pick up cues and I wouldn't know which ones but they are always right.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I think they are "toys", comparatively speaking. Consider: the LED's might draw ~60mA total? At 2-3V? So, all the generator has to do is produce 200mW and there's plenty for the lamps *and* enough to stuff into a battery besides!

I wonder what all the folks who buy/bought those things will say in a few months (year?) when the internal battery dies and suddenly their "emergency flashlight" doesn't work in an

*emergency*! ;-)
Reply to
D Yuniskis

Ours made it to 15. Then left within a few months of each other.

It's usually close to 90F at 10P in the Summer. Not being a "Morning Person", I either have to take a walk at 4A (which makes falling asleep afterwards difficult) or suffer through the heat of the day. :<

Makes you wonder if our respective roles aren;t actually similar to those of the mice/humans in HHGTTG!? :>

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Actually mount it low enough on a tree with a support stand nearby and maybe a slight mod to the handles on the crank and you could pedal it like a bicycle.

... and don't forget a tap-off shaft extension with at least a 10:1 speed step-up. Should come out the top so a margarita mixer can be properly fitted :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It has a rechagable NiMH battery that is charged at the same time.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to