Skybuck's Universal Code 4 (memory efficient)

You should be ashamed of yourself !

Such a simple solution and yet you cannot understand or code it.

Therefore, I shall code it and show you !

Once I have posted the code, you will forever address me as/call me:

Master Genius Skybuck :)

I'll be done coding, in a few hours.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Perhaps, but not for what I wrote here.

I never claimed to be the genius.

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://rvelthuis.de

"I\'m not going to get into the ring with Tolstoy."
 -- Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)
Reply to
Rudy Velthuis

Read up on the authors of cold fusion before removing foot and shooting off mouth ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Little improvement:

The math unit is not needed.

// replace uses with: uses SysUtils, Classes;

Neither is the following function:

delete these lines:

// limited to 64 bit values, returns 1 for value zero. function bits_needed_for_decimal_value( value : extended ) : integer; begin // result := round( ceil( log10(1+value) / log10(2) ) ); // same as this I hope: result := round( ceil( log2(1+value) ) ); if result = 0 then result := 1; end;

Rest stays the same.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

I wrote a demonstration program.

View it, study it, understand it.

And maybe then you will see the light =D

Bye, Skybuck ;)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Little addition to the comments:

{

Also it can be handy to have an output example of this demonstration program for reference:

*** Begin of Output: ***

program started Operation: Size: 1 Data Bits: 0

Field1: Size: 14 Data Bits: 00100100000001

Field2: Size: 5 Data Bits: 00101

EncodedInformationStream: Size: 36 Encoded bit stream: 110000111100010010000000100110100101

press enter to continue with decode demonstration

Operation: Size: 1 Data Bits: 0

Field1: Size: 14 Data Bits: 00100100000001

Field2: Size: 5 Data Bits: 00101

program finished press enter to exit

*** End of Output: *** }

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Also it would be handy if outlook express had a message preview or even better an automatic line limiter... because some code comments got broken into multiple lines... by outlook express... which would cause compile problems ofcourse... so you would need to correct that.

With current outlook one doesn't get a true... "what you see if what you get post" ;)

Bye, Bye, Skybuck.

;)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

you don't.

you start with a small tree capable of encoding anything and as you encode you grow it.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen