Simulating Antenna Reception

Hi,

I am in the process of designing a quadrifilar helical antanna for the 70cm band. I have been using an old program called Antenna Model. It is a NEC-2 MoM based simulator. The program falls short of my wishes in two ways.

1) It lacks the ability to analyze distributed capacitance. Which are significant with this and similar antennas.

2) I would like to simulate the response of the antenna reception. That is subject the antenna structure to an EM field and measure the output at the antenna terminals.

So, does anybody know what application would be able to do this?

Best regards,

Derric Dubois

Reply to
derric.dubois