simplest offline circuit to power a small LED for a short time

to:

he

9-

An Atmel AVR or a (ex) Freescale HS08 are much better than a PIC.

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

On a sunny day (Mon, 01 May 2017 22:52:10 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in :

OK other solution: Big flywheel, generator, LED.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 2 May 2017 01:30:13 -0700) it happened Jamie M wrote in :

So true.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 2 May 2017 01:34:25 -0700 (PDT)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

I dunno, never used those, only use Microchip 18F14k22 in all projects, never reached memory, speed, or power limit.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

This is an interesting problem. What color LED are you planning on using ? Supposing that it is a white light LED, with a nominal voltage of 3.0 V and nominal current of 35.0 mA, the power requirement for 1 LED is 1.05 Watts, so that at 2 Watts, there is just about enough power for 2 of these. What battery are you planning on using -- both a 4.2 V or 3.7 V battery should work fine, and with an Ampere-Hour rating of e.g.,

1800 mAh or 1.8 Ah, it sould work just fine. No need for any ultracapacitor or microcontroller etc.,
Reply to
dakupoto

big issue.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

OK, which is worse?

It's possible to start a car at -40 but it had better be in perfect running condition. You're not going to get many chances. ;-)

Reply to
krw

How about a tritium light?

Reply to
krw

y becomes a

That's why crank starting handles persisted for so long for such regions. I t wasn't until the 80s that Russia dropped them in Siberian spec cars.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

On a sunny day (Tue, 02 May 2017 21:28:10 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in :

He wants a 2W LED, if that is anything like my Cree flashlight.. I *have* a tritium light, you can see it in the dark only, and... requirement was that it fades out IIRC.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yeah, I missed the 2W part. If that's the requirement, batteries are the only way to go. A supercap isn't going to hack it. BTW, tritium lights will fade out. ;-)

Reply to
krw

There's no reason to disqualify the phosphor on scale (just paint a big enough surface area).

Reply to
whit3rd

On a sunny day (Wed, 03 May 2017 12:55:12 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in :

I know, been measuring that since 2012: