Signal components

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if--and if so, how--I can examine the signal coming from my sattelite or cable company?

I don't need/want the unscrambled signal--this is strictly legitimate. What I need is to be able to examine the signal that arrives at my TV *after* all proprietary descrambling (in other words, the paid-for signal).

What I'm looking for are the parts of the signal. For example, what indicates the transmitted volume, whether there is volume and/or picture, SAPs, and any other parts of the signal that may or may not be audible or visible.

Thanks for any help...

- Tim

Reply to
Tim Green