Sending data from atmel to ethernet conntroler

Hi to all. I was just wondering if someone has done some projects where you have to send data over LAN. I use atmega32 and spi ethernet module.

Is there maybe some opensource code for this ?

Reply to
en2

On a sunny day (Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:44:32 +0200) it happened en2 wrote in :

What controller chip?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

hamilton

-------------------------------

I think it's ENC28J60 but i have to check this.

Reply to
en2

On a sunny day (Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:51:11 +0200) it happened en2 wrote in :

I wrote ENC28J60 test routines for SPI and UDP, released under the GPL:

I think that code is reasonably documented, with comments from the datasheet.

After that I re-wrote it in PIC asm, but that does not help you with an Atmel. But you could use the C code to see how to drive that chip, or even compile it with the right I/O. No TCP, I do not know if there is a free TCP stack for that micro of yours.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Uff, thank you i will take a look at it.

Tell what do you think is it possible to connect multiple atmel controllers on one web server PC ? This would solve a bunch of problems for me.

Do you know if there is some tcp stack that i can buy ( for atmel ) ?

Reply to
en2

On a sunny day (Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:09:44 +0200) it happened en2 wrote in :

I really do not know, have zero experience with Atmel.

loop_the_loop: The world changed, I have some Raspberry Pis now, running Linux. If you need networking of any kind, that is likely the way to go as far as price / performance / ease of programming goes. (Full free GPL OS, and excellent networking for LESS than I can make a PIC board with ethernet, connectors, SDcard interface, and HDMI HD video out.. 35 $, enclosures available cheap too.

No, but goto loop_the_loop

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I usually take the simple route and drop an XPort onto the board. It's not perfect but it is fairly bulletproof.

Reply to
Rich Webb

### lwIP is a lightweight implementation of the TCP/IP protocol stack. The focus of the lwIP TCP/IP implementation is to reduce RAM usage, thus making lwIP suitable for use in embedded systems with very limited resources.

### AVR32817: Getting Started with the 32-bit AVR UC3 Software Framework lwIP TCP/IP Stack

Features

  • TCP/IP suite description
  • 32-bit AVR\xc2\xae UC3 lwIP port source file architecture
  • Web, TFTP, SMTP servers:

- Network configuration

- DHCP protocol

###