sed is mostly ruined

On Monday, November 16, 2020 at 7:46:40 PM UTC-5, Bill Sloman wrote:> S> Bi ll Sloman, Sydneyadly, you do have a history of wishful thinking. I may hav e been out-posting John Larkin recently, but he's still going to be the guy with the most posts to this group. > Bill Sloman, Sydney

The wishful thinking is all yours. I doubt that you can find any posts of mine that express wishful thinking.

I really did graduate from a better university. I really have a higher IQ than you . And I really have more money than you.

Dan .

Reply to
dcaster

I have about a little over 100K posts in my spool dir (since 2018-03-27), and John Larkin wins that one

1542 From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com 1566 From: Lasse Langwadt Christensen 1700 From: Cursitor Doom 1752 From: John Larkin 1845 From: snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com 2051 From: John Larkin 2096 From: George Herold 2151 From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com 2162 From: whit3rd 2269 From: Tom Gardner 2407 From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com 3018 From: Rick C 3136 From: snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org 3387 From: Phil Hobbs 3522 From: snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com 4069 From: John Larkin 5250 From: Bill Sloman 5701 From: snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org 7348 From: bitrex Just.

Disclaimer: grep -h '^From: ' * | sort | uniq -c | sort -n not guaranteed 100% accurate. messages lost during outages not counted, use for entertainement only.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

e:

e:

ow to

I work for a company where what I do is mostly proprietary. That makes it difficult for me to post the interesting stuff I do. The second thing is th at most of the questions I would ask are not general but specific and they are specific only after a bunch of background stuff has been assumed. So it is hard to ask for questions about things that I know that it takes many h ours of pondering (after a required background) to get to the bottom of. So there is not too much I can do here relating to my day to day work.

d have had good responses that have been really helpful.

generally understand or seek to understand electronics......we are lucky t o still have this. I hate moderated groups. Even among the trolls here ( fi ll in your favorite one) they still do have a background and interest in el ectronics.

cs is a bit down-market - he liked Trump - and his interest in electronics is more about getting praised for his circuits than thinking about other pe oples.

a particularly good example. Win Hill might be a better model. Phil Hobbs is spectacularly good in his specialty - and he has written his own book on that specialty - and isn't too bad as an example either.

n Larkin but I believe you post over twice as many posts as John. But less than half as many off topic posts that are on topic.

tics, which had an ordered list of posters, and the number of time they had posted in the past month, the past year and since the group was set up.

son wasn't that far behind. I was fairly high on the list behind them.

t isn't remotely worth the effort. Dan's beliefs are whatever he wants to b elieve - he doesn't really seem to understand what "evidence" is about.

n. Maybe not 2 : 1 but close enough for government work. Looks like my beli efs are pretty much the actual facts. Maybe I do understand what evidence i s about.

And yet you took the time to share with us that you don't have the time to share with us. Thank you so much.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rickster C