s-params

Print off some smith chart paper?

Reply to
JM

Can anyone recommend a program that will turn s-parameters into R-L-C element equivalents?

We use a lot of "RF" parts, in fast time-domain circuits, so s-params aren't much help in simulation. I can eyeball S11 of a fet and guestimate gate capacitance, but that's about as far as I can go.

We like the Avago phemts, because they at least provide some DC curves on their data sheets. Lots of people don't even do that.

Just now, I want to estimate how much the ni input of a current-mode opamp will load my signal source. But the problem recurrs.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

See ...

CreateS-ParameterSubcircuitsForSpice.pdf

on the Simulation Tools & Macros Page of my website. ...Jim Thompson

My problem with s-parameters in large signal circuits was that they changed with current.

Jim's web-site doesn't deal with that particular problem.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Try this:

Reply to
John S

I was looking at that- it would be nice to have a SPICE model of some of the minicircuits components but not for $7K. Someone should moonlight translating models for $50 or $100 a shot or something like that.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Take note, Silly Savage...

ThiS iS an "S" related poSt.

He iS John S

JuSt Sayin' :-)

You Should Settle down, cockfight boy... SheeSh.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno