Russia Beats U.S. at Their Own Game

...with help from all the U.S. disaffected citizens and faux refugee immigrants from eastern Europe no doubt.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

""The Russians are engaged in aggressive economic and political espionage," Crowdstrike co-founder Dmitri Alperovitch said. "

Do you blame them in light of what they've seen the US govenrment do ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Blaming them is a waste of time. Governments do what they can get away with.

It's a good idea to limit what they can get away with.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yup, all of them.

Reply to
jurb6006

Yes, how many people does it take to run DC? 5000 tops?

Reply to
haiticare2011

ge," Crowdstrike co-founder Dmitri Alperovitch said. "

th.

Well, somebody hacked the military UAV transmission codes as evidenced by c aptured laptops in Afghanistan containing many hours of real time surveilla nce video. I wonder who could have done that and I'm pretty sure it was not the Taliban. Then the UAV crashes in Iran, those were not accidental. Up n ext will be over-complicated commercial aircraft, especially the uber-inter national products by joke operations like Boeing and Airbus...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I'm far less worried by the Russians and Chinese. They don't have the coercive power of the state behind them, at least not over here. The feds do.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Preferably by making them much, much smaller.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

Slowman wants to make government much bigger so it has less power.

Reply to
krw

Not really. The government is just the biggest protection racket in town.

If you make the "legitimate" government "much, much smaller" one of the ill egitimate protection rackets - the mafia or some church - becomes the de fa cto government.

The US government does little enough that this seems to happen from time to time. The Scandinavians and the Germans seem to have managed to get legiti mate governments that do enough to get their countries running the way the electorate wants, rather than the way the people who own the country want ( which is the way US government seems to work, in so far as it does anything much).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Besides your belief in over-unity redistribution schemes, that's our biggest philosophical difference politically--you've just described a despotism, and defend it.

Yesterday a group of Americans objected to Obama--violating our laws--pushing busloads of unscreened illegals into their communities, and blocked it, turning buses away.

The administration, whose sabotage created this, has just announced they'll do it again tomorrow, on our 4th of July holiday.

A congressman, on a relevant committee, who wanted to visit one of the Obamacamps in his state, was turned away.

A community organizer has decided the People will accept his will--laws and Congress be damned--and is determined to impose it.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I'd be very happy to have it be the same size as in the 1950s, say. The Mafia didn't run the country then.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I recall that those video streams were not encrypted. I don't know the rationale (and assume that it is classified), but there are real tradeoffs to be made between security and operational utility.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

n.

est philosophical difference politically--you've just described a despotism , and defend it.

Our biggest philosophical difference is that you believe what you are told by other right-wing nitwits, and refuse to think critically about what you have chosen to believe.

My point - that the government is just the biggest protection racket in tow n - is merely an empirical observation. There are ways of making that prote ction racket do what it claims to do (protect and serve) - but the US appra och of giving undue influence to people with lots of money isn't one of the m.

hing busloads of unscreened illegals into their communities, and blocked it , turning buses away.

Your interpretation of US law - which comes down to "republicans good, demo crats bad".

The "unscreened illegals" included a substantial proportion of mothers and children - CNN reports this, while you and Fox News don't. Apparently the b uses were trying to take the unscreened would-be-immigrants to places where they could be screened. The Immigration Service seems to be being swamped by a surge of unaccompanied children, and is running out of processing capa city.

ll do it again tomorrow, on our 4th of July holiday.

Whose "sabotage"? Of what?

amacamps in his state, was turned away.

and Congress be damned--and is determined to impose it.

If Obama ever was a rabble-rouser - which seems to be one of your less-well

-documented claims - he'd be sensitive to rabble-rousing Republicans trying to do a bit more attention-getting.

It sounds as if your "group of American objectors" looked very like a right

-wing rabble. Quite why you think that they should be admired for exercisin g their democratic right to terrify a busload of mothers and children escap es me, but my brain hasn't been re-educated to thinking the right thoughts, as yours clearly has.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Back then, Eisenhower was complaining about - and warning of - the power of the military-industrial complex.

Since the US now spends as much on "defence" as the rest of the world put t ogether - which most commentators regard more like "industrial welfare" tha n actual defence spending - nothing much seems to have changed since the 19

50s.

Eisenhower's immediate successor - JFK - did have Mafia contacts. JFK's fat her had made his money out of the illegal liquor trade during the Prohibiti on, and the Mafia contacts may have come from that. When Nixon came to pow er, he found his own crooks to break into Watergate and so forth, and Reaga n found Oliver North.

Lenny Bruce did claim that the Mafia conspired with the FBI to keep the pri ce of heroin high. This ignores the fact that the FBI's main job was collec ting blackmail fodder on prominent politicians, so that J Edgar Hoover coul d blackmail anybody who tried to out him as gay ...

Politics is a remarkably dirty business. Making government smaller doesn't make it cleaner.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw's ever-fertile imagination at work again. He's too dim - and probably too idle - to find out what I might actually think.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ge," Crowdstrike co-founder Dmitri Alperovitch said."

oercive power of the state behind them, at least not over here. The feds d o.

Of course, if you put a right-wing politician in charge of the feds - Joe M cCarthy, Richard Milhous Nixon, Ronald Reagan - you can get some thoroughly nasty coercion going on. Not perhaps as nasty as Joe Stalin, Mao and Pol P ot put into action, but distinctly unsavoury for all that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 07:21:34 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

You're a goddamned idiot.

Ever heard of GDP?

OUR politicians, analysts, and accountants invented the term.

And you are a goddamned Usenet line length total retard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Not true, but you are too cognitively challenged to recognise the weakness of your own judgment.

Well, yes, along with GNP and a variety of other ways of putting a ball-park figure on the size of a national economy.

Sure. Nobody gave them a Nobel Prize for the invention - no surprise there - nor had them shot for not coming up with something better, which might have been more appropriate.

Whereas you seem to be last person on the planet still reading stuff off the last glass teletype.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 02:39:52 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Hardly an example of a "fake misaligned acquisition over the past 20 years..."

You are a true idiot.