Rukycon capacitors

Against a spec for low impedance electrolytics the contractors (in ROC) have included for Rukycon SXE low impedance devices and have forwarded the datasheets thereof.

I can find no (english) website for Rukycon - and have virtually no info about this company or its products.

Being a little suspicious of a company that copies the Rubycon logo near exactly on their literature - is there a simple way to measure the impedance of a 100uF and 1000uF electrolytics (in the 20 to

200milliohm range) @ 100kHz to verify the datasheet values?
Reply to
RHRRC

Gotta be counterfeit parts. Like "PANAPHONIC", "MAGNETBOX", and "SORNY", right?

Sencore and others used to sell ESR meters to TV repairmen, maybe they aren't so popular anymore. It makes far more economic sense for most industries to just put quality lytics in the product in the first place. I see BK precision still sells an ESR meter.

Tim.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

"Tim Shoppa"

** One that did not actually measure cap ESR at all.
** Which with a minimum reading of 0.1 ohms lacks "precision" of any kind any is virtually useless.

Total junk.

The best by far for service work is this one:

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison