RMS approximation of Square/PWM signal

An excellent thought. Generally though, 7.2V bulbs are pretty much done at

50W. Not that your point isnt valid. In application, the Vbatt will not be all that much higher than Vbulb. I can make the stipulation that the Vbatt to Vbulb ration should not exceed 2:1. The switching FET I plan on using for really high outputs is the IRF2804S. I've used it in a PWM softstarter design I built to run 600W labp at 30V.
Reply to
JMini

The TL5001 won't run under 40kHz. It has a wide operating voltage, a built in softstart, and will go to 100% duty.

I've begun looking at other controllers that can get near, but not quite,

100% duty. I'd love to run this thing at 400Hz. Less switching loss. The TI TPS40200 is looking interesting. Your thoughts?

The electronics are under a reflector, ceramic fiber insulation, and an aluminum cover.

Reply to
JMini