Ringing and coolant.

up

coil,

somebody

in

resonant

It would have to be a seriously conductive coolant to conduct enough versus the copper coil itself. The conductance problem thus is to other parts of the system. That conductance could seriously degrade the resonance rather more easily. Clarity is helpful.

water,

Reply to
josephkk

Note the attribution: I was replying to Bill Sloman's comments, not your original post.

I'm sure you do. My comments were not aimed at you.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Effectively what I said. Note the use of the word "parallel", in my original post.

The added conductance will be effectively in *parallel* with the coil. similar to adding a *shunt* damping resistor. The conductance will extend around the external cooling circuit, piping, pumps, etc, shunting the whole coil from end to end, despite the insulating connections.

The conductance of the coolant *inside* the coil will have little, if any, effect.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Ok, Np, That Slug_Man really has a way getting a fire started, I just like how he runs away from it.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

other