RF Wideband AMP Broken?

** The term "to beg the question" has an important meaning that is now lost because of continual misuse in the media and elsewhere.

Likely not one person in 50 could say with any accuracy what " to beg the question " really means.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Oh yeah? I'd got an HP 8648A signal generator here which is more than happy to produce FM at base frequencies anywhere between 100kHz and 1GHz. Output is some decent fraction of a watt -- *far* more than enough to violate FCC part

15 regulations with any decent antenna connected to its output.
Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Hey, what do you call the GNURadio USRP

It's just a pair of PCinterfaced DACs and ADCs after all. I guess they were completely off-base in suggesting it could somehow be used as "a radio." You'd better write them a message quick...

Note that there's software for it to make it an oscilloscope, signal generator, FM transmitter, HDTV receiver... surely we ought to ban such devices ASAP!

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

"Joel Kolstad"

** Piss off - you autistic bloody FOOL.

Reply to
Phil Allison

Telling someone off when you've lost a debate is not considered good form, you know. :-)

Reply to
Joel Kolstad