RF Transistor Noise Source

That's easy, me and Senator Lieberman ;-)

I don't care who screws who, who smokes what, believes or disbelieves in whatever deity... just don't get in my face, steal my earnings, or try to war against me ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Fair enough...

Stealing (taxing) your earnings is probably the main sticking point there; reasonble people can have pretty wide-ranging tax rates in mind... plus there's always the question of what government programs there should be in the first place vs. once such programs are established, do they waste a lot of money or are they really pretty efficient?...

The folks who want to tell you who or what you can or can't smoke, believe, or screw are most certainly leftist weenies. :-)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I kept seeing her begging for donations to feed kids on TV, but it looked like she was on a 5000 calorie a day diet. She could have fed three or four and still be taking in too many calories. :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

He should share that with Haiti:

OTOH, the UN headquarters there collapsed.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

That's less libertarian than some people, actually! ;-)

I keep thinking that the lower standard of living (for, e.g., an engineer) in Calfironia based on all of their additional taxes and anti-business policies would cause a mass movement of high-tech companies out of the state, but so far this doesn't seem to be happening. Grumble...

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

National and Linear and some other smaller players already have design centers in the Phoenix area.

Unfortunately they don't like to hire outside contractors. ...Jim Thompson

rote

) in

ies

so

"Between 1990 and 2007," Voegeli writes, "some 3.4 million more Americans moved from California to one of the other 49 states than moved to California from another state."

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

The manufacturing jobs are moving out, usually offshore. California is still a pretty good place to do high-value science and engineering, but those don't create enough jobs to make up for the loss of manufacturing.

Federal taxes are still a lot bigger burden than state, even in California. So the whole country is losing manufacturing jobs.

John

Hmm... good point.

You're planning to stay in Calfironia until you retire, I expect?

My mother -- who's in Wisconsin in the U.S. -- keeps claiming she's going to move to another state just to get away from Wisconsin's high state taxes. My grandparents did this back in 1968, moving to Florida.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

How about the new Fox TV weather bunny instead?

and

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

I hope Gloria doesn't "wear" a Bunker.

Advertising for mail-order college diplomas, sure.

Reply to
krw

I left Vermont in '07. My property tax dropped 75% and income tax is significantly lower. Sales tax is somewhat higher, though.

Reply to
krw

I don't plan to retire! But I'll probably stay here, maybe make my official residence Truckee. Prop 13 keeps the property taxes bearable and at least predictable.

Sales tax is not a job killer. Business income taxes are. Democrats love jobs but hate business, so wind up with neither.

John