Reverse household electric meter

I think you'll find that the conclusion was that the meter clocks were wrong.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Its plausible they are selling regular power back to the grid at subsidised solar prices. I wondered for a while whether someone dared to think of it and now it seems someone did :)

TheM

In at least some cases it was outright fraud with diesel electric generators running, though in some others wind turbines had been attached to the "solar power" input allegedly "by mistake".

Solar typically has a better feed in tariff than wind. (but the wind blows at night which is a give away)

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

Well, if you can generate electricity cheaper than the utility can, then by all means, sell it!

I find it a little dubious that a diesel generator can make electricity for less than, say, 12 cents per KWH, unless you have an oil well in your back yard. (or maybe you have a biodiesel plant.) ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, if that was all there were to it, there'd be no problem. The issue arises because the utility is required to pay a substantial premium for solar generated electricity.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Kinda shows the absurdity of the whole thing, doesn't it?

Reply to
krw

Solar, or Grise?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Puff-a-kite up high enough to catch the sunlight at night. ;-)

I used to get up past a few thousand feet with these. As far as a spool of high test fishing line can get you.

I still don't know why "puff-a-kite"s are not still around.

I don't think it was a "whammo" product. They are still around anyway.

Try to find a real "Superball" They are lame compared to yesteryear.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Your criminal mother.

Reply to
BarnCat

Only if you are up far enough to be immersed in the aurora (or down).

Then, you can grab a few mA. ;-)

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

)

ral

pays

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

e quoted text -

I saw it done in the 3-rd world country (former USSR)

  1. phase and neutral get swapped before the meter (so meter measures neutral current)
2.neutral gets grounded after the meter dangerous? yes! barbaric? you bet!
Reply to
Michael

No sir, you're not thinking right--it /proves/ the profitablity and sustainablity of greed^Hn energy! (Just ask Diamond Al) Not to mention the green jobs...

Here's an even greener idea--use a motor-gen set to spin up a flywheel by night, then sell the power back by day. That's more efficient, profitable, practical, quieter, and easier to hid^H^H^Hmaintain.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Real men use a large ball bearing on a thick steel plate. It'd make your yesteryear superball look like a tennis ball.

Reply to
JW

text -

Won't work in the US. First of all, the power line is a center tapped 240 volt service. Secondly, if you swap the neutral with either line, you will short out the powr transformer.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That would be useful, if there was no premium paid because it's "solar". Why should it matter how the energy is generated? Isn't wind just as "green" as solar? Or are some pigs greener than others?

Reply to
krw

Grise is a lot of things, but at least he hasn't bit the AGW hook.

Reply to
krw

You're a goddamned idiot.

The superball bounces. That is the point, dumbfucktard. Your steel ball does not bounce until the pressure comes up.

At that point, I hope you get hit with the first ricochet.

My pop worked at Cinti. Milacron. I knew more about bearings than you when I was 6.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Careful, Michael. People might discover your man-crush.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You're an idiot. Read the post. "Until the pressure comes up".

You lose. Mainly because you read like a drunkard drives, so you must be in an alcoholic stupor every time you sit in front of your pathetic shitbox. I hope you die soon, asswipe.

I would venture to say that I have been around and am familiar with more different manufacturing processes than you have.

Cincinnati Milacron and the Evendale GE jet engine facility and a host of other companies in the area allowed for that.

Philosophically, yes. Firsthand, only three, currently, as I quit tobacco back in '87 after 17 years of attacking my body with it. I doubt that you have any clue what anyone qualifies for, since you have no grasp of the meaning of the word.

You lose, again, asswipe. And we won't even go into human self inebriation. Idiots like you call me a drug head, and you are probably drunk doing it.

I'd bet that you are on the hypocrite bandwagon, big time.

Sorry, I have no experience with that, other than exposure to it via the wealth of retarded twits I see in here, like you, for instance.

No experience with that either, as I have never had a problem with my ability to control myself.

I doubt you can make the same claim. Your immature behavior here is blatant evidence of that being a true statement.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

He will, when they tell him he can't get any pot because of it.