remote wireless device ?

I'd like to find a small battery powered wireless device that I could install on a mailbox that would send a signal when the box is opened. I'd install a set of contacts to either open or close, and have the monitor in the house about 100 feet away. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks Hank

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Wireless doorbell?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yeah, but every time the mail is delivered he'll start to drool.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

How far will those operate?

Maybe the OP has the same situation I do... a community mailbox.

My problem... it's 400' away :-(

Uphill both ways... puff, puff ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Distance is about 100 feet but I failed to mention on thing. I should be a one-shot. Upon the contact being opened or closed, send a short burst to alarm. Just in case the door isn't closed! Thanks Hank "Jim Thompson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Henry Kolesnik

Have you looked at the linx rf stuff?

This is also rated for 1000ft

Martin Riddle

Henry Kolesnik

Do a neat job of building whatever it is you install. The postal authorities might be upset at the sight of some loose wires, a few batteries and the obligatory flashing red LED when they open your box up.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

All kinds are already availible.