Reducing / Limiting power supply output.

Is it possible to restrict or otherwise limit the power from a high voltage power supply? Specifically:

"Units need 18-24V DC and output a maximum of 1300 VDC at about 30mA short circuit current"

Is there a way I can get this down to between 700 and 900 volts? Does anyone know of any common consumer products that I could purchase and remove the power supply from that would be in the 700 VDC to 900 VDC range? The only thing that comes to mind for me is a bug zapper but I have no idea what power levels are involved yet?

Thanks in advance, Will

Reply to
Will

Maybe fix with: R attenuator with resistors with proper voltage ratings. or Shunt current regulator

Or how about a new circuit? Switcher (smps design) with step up transformer or Cap/diode multiplier running of line voltage. (no isolation)

For better suggestions, mention load detail. 700VDC @ what I? D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

How bout three 160 - 200V 5W zeners. as long as your load is below 30mA

Reply to
Mook Johnson