Reason why DC mag field disturbs communications on a train

Shouldn't that be "traded with a plastic variety"?

I mean... does it not have a function?

Reply to
Mr.Eko

Morphing in an attempt to evaid killfiles, I see. This gives me another chance to refine my Bayesian morphing filter. Thanks!

For those interested, this filter uses Bayesian filtering (see [

]) applied to the headers and body to identify posts that are morphed in order to evaid killfiles, plus a one-click complain-to-ISP feature. What's nice about this is that, as the filter becomes better and better trained, the morpher needs to either change his style to be more and more like a normal poster (and thus be less trollish) or he will remain killfiled. For example, the present morpher's posts have strings that (so far, I just started the Baysian training) tend to identify him, such as:

*"Path:"*"highwinds-media"* *"Message-ID:"*"@4ax.com"* *"X-Newsreader:"*"4.2/32.1118"* *"NNTP-Posting-Date"*"UTC"* *"Date:"*"-0700"* *"On"*"+0000"*"wrote:" *"Retard"*

...all of which he will have to morph without feedback as to what gets past the filter, and with the possibility of ISP sanctions if he tries too many experiments. Another nice feature is that if, say, a legitimate poster has "highwinds-media" in his path, the filter will auto-whitelist posts that have highwinds- media" in the path and that posters's email address in the from.

One can, of course, accomplish the same goals using by hand with a few well-chosen REGEXs, but I find the automated method to be an interesting experiment. If it ever gets to be noticably better that a good REGEX, I will publish the code.

Reply to
Guy Macon

Filtering on...

Preceded by a white-list knocks AlwaysWrong off completely. No Bayesian training required.

...Jim Thompson

That's the problem; while the geek in me loves the idea of using Bayesian filtering, there always seems to be a bog-standard regular filter that does a better job. But hey, why kill a fly with a flyswatter when you can use a .50 caliber sniper rifle? :)

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

Wrong again, idiot. I have been posting under that nym for well over a year. This one as well, so you can get your bloomers in a bunch all you want, and you will still be retarded, and you will still be wrong, and you will still be a Usenet twit of great magnitude.

If you were any more retarded, I'd swear that you came from the kook group, which is where you belong.

Reply to
MassiveProng

Where your piss and moan complaint will get immediately filed in the round, number 13 bin.

Grow up, retard boy.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

That was HIS point, you retarded twit.

HIS filter is by far the 50 cal compared to the lame crap which you think makes you Usenet savvy. You are far from that, and will likely never approach anything that can be associated with intelligence.

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

No, It is no longer used.. It was never removed.

"

Reply to
Jamie

That sounds more like you, than a piece of pipe.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

I feel sorry for any one that has to live with or deal with you. You're a real party hopper.

And for any one interested, removal of the pipe solved the interference problem with the electronics on the train.

"

Reply to
Jamie

are you sure that field's dc, you could have accidentally built a transmitter if the servo loop is long enough

Reply to
Jasen Betts

that's bullshit. stuff causes measurable and inconvenient interferance all the time (eg mobile phones, power tools, arc welders, electromagnets...)

Reply to
Jasen Betts

not having this pipe conducting flux from the railway will probably help you too.

The 100kHz you mention, is that for the X-ray source or does it come from your electromaget wall?

Reply to
Jasen Betts

the 100Khz is coming form the 350KW oscillator tube that generates the AC required in side of a gas pressured vessel where walt Crockcroft multiplier is employed that can yield up to 5Mvolts.

The mag wave sits just behind and below the oscillator cabinet.. I can see where it would be easy for it to intervene.

"

Reply to
Jamie

What the hell is a party hoppper?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

Stuff? Jeez, learn how to choose words that support your claim of being intelligent a bit better.

Yes, lots of things cause interference, and nothing is done if no one complains. However, if ONE complaint is filed, they follow up with verification, and resolve, if needed. You are nuts if you think not.

Don't believe me? Just ask Howard Stern. All it took was one complaint and he got severely fined. Should have been knocked out of the industry, but that is another story.

Reply to
Mr.Eko

He is telling you that you are worse than I ever could be, and he is right.

Reply to
Mr.Eko

"4ax.com" seems to be a major USENET backbone provider and USENET IP (one step back from ISP). Other items in your list are of debatable value as well. The first and last lines stand a chance of producing the same results with the side effect of capturing Phil A as well. .

Reply to
JosephKK

Macon ain't all that bright. He's the kind of dope that opens up a parked car street side door without looking for traffic first.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

You have to love those Cockroft-Walton voltage multipliers; no single component has to withstand the entire output voltage.

Did you know about the trick of using larger capacitors (or same-size capacitors in parallel) in the lower stages to reduce output ripple?

--
Guy Macon
Reply to