Real Time Clock Hardware

:-)

Us analog dudes have to spread out as well. Tomorrow it'll be some optics stuff at a client. Fun, actually.

Then, of course, there is tile setting, paving, roofing, plus tons of other honey-do list items.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

It's industrial gear and here in the US there's no smoking anymore in that field :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

... snip ...

What happened to cooking, drink mixing, drink serving?

--

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to

Doesn't have to just be unions, just any beauracracy. When working at UCSB, there were several times that a classroom problem would require

3-4 different departments to resolve - facilities to handle turning the power on or off, telecom to troubleshoot the data connection, my department (A/V) to remove and restore the equipment, and my own groups computer support group if the trouble was in the computers... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

What else could they do with it? Have you ever worked at a facility with layer after layer of abandoned cables, covered by what was in use? I've pulled miles of wire from sets of racks 20 feet apart where equipment was changed, and the physical plant wasn't properly maintained. I refuse to leave any abandoned wire in place, if it is possible to remove it.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

At least they had the forethought to put in the new cable trays so the new cable wasn't (usually... 8-) ) laid over the old cable. Of course, everytime they took out a section of the old cable tray, they took SOMETHING down with it!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Custodian Chief Cook Bottle Washer

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

You were lucky! A military TV station i rebuilt had a homemade cable tray screwed to the ceiling. It was made from scraps of used packing crates. The way it was hung meant that you had to pull everything that was laced out of one end. I recabled the entire station wile I was on the air. At one point I had a piece of coax run from the film chain camera, looped through channel "B" of the master video monitor, and then fed into the transmitter's video input while I pulled out a six inch bundle of coax and audio cables. Every addition had been laced to the previous bundle, till I finally got down to the two control cables for the studio cameras. It took three days to clean everything up, and I had to do it while the station mangler (manager) was on leave. It was fun doing live newscasts with the "Talent" tripping over bundles of wire. ;-)

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I did contract A/V repair for three school districts years ago. One of the smaller systems let me do anything, as long as I left a note for their head of maintenance so he could inspect the work. It was a year before I saw him again. I asked how he liked my work. He shrugged and said, the first one was perfect, so I didn't check any of the other jobs.

prove it.