Re: Why is video inverted for transmission?

>> I just don't know. The ambition of the multiplex operators here >> appears to be simply to cram as many programmes on as the mux will >> carry. There are no sharp programmes on our digital service. > >That's unfortunately been the trend in the U.S. as well, at >least as far as digital cable/satellite providers are concerned. >I get horrible compression artifacts on many programs via >the digital satellite service.

My cable provider has claimed that the digital artifacts that I've seen are due to squirrels chewing on cables and as soon as they get around to replacing the lines, the artifacts should go away.

What does the digital over-the-air broadcast picture look >like for you, though?
--
Al in St. Lou
Reply to

Squirrels do chew hardline, till they hit the 60 V squared wave 30 A supply. That doesn't mean that they are full of crap. If you can find a damaged spot they haven't repaired, report them to the FCC for radiation problems. They will fix it, or be shut down.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida