Re: We started the 100-foot long 10-foot wide deck high up in the California redwoods

dpb wrote, on Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:22:06 -0500:

So we're back to the ~2X SF for the decking which, while likely not > collapsing while they're building the basic deck, isn't a good starting > point for the overall structure.

I'm forwarding all this to the owner.

The only thing I can say is that it "seems" sturdy when we're both on it, and that's almost 500 pounds of people alone ...

It's being supported, at the moment, by 6 separate winched vertical cables (the winches are for level adjustments).

Danny D.