Re: The Electric Car

>A sufficient mass production of those 100+ meter towers, along with >their wind turbine driven generators plus whatever extent of the best >available PVs that can also take advantage of each given tower without >devouring or otherwise contaminating precious surface ground area >seems entirely worth our doing,

I get it. The solar cells have more output when they're closer to the sun. Good idea.

John

I wonder if there's a measurable difference in solar influx between, say, Death Valley and the top of Mount Everest?

Although, you can't put solar panels on top of Everest, if they get in the way of the LIM mass-driver spacecraft launcher. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Not to mention the winds, which hit 180 mph or something.

Speaking of wind, this is really scairy:

John

Do you mean "scary"?

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I give you refrigerator magnets, and that's the thanks I get.

John

Hey, I'm only trying to help. I'm a little O/C about spelling. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

And I can't type. We have a problem here, Houston.

John

Like the gal applying for the secretary job? The boss asks how fast she can type, she says, "Oh, about 5 words a minute" The boss says, "Are you just a hunt-n-peck'er?" She says, "No, I really need the job." --- Playboy's Party Jokes, ca 1970's

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Now all he needs is for someone to give him a refrigerator. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Last time I was in Death Valley, you couldn't see the mountains on the far side, 'cos of the smoke. Had come all the way from Ventura County (the smoke, not me), and just sort of hung there for days.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse