Re: Strategies for Buying Test Equipment on E*bay Part 2

[snip]
>A final word: don't be do dang suspicious. I've done over 1000 ebay >transactions and only lost out a couple of times. Normal caution about >seller ratings, too good to be true offers, etc, will usually suffice >to prevent problems. The most important thing for test gear is to get >the seller to pack it properly. > >Paul Mathews

I'm suspicious of the "watching items" feature because E*bay makes money from sellers and resellers. I think it's in E*bays best interest to provide resellers with buying tools(1). The more the resellers buy and resell, the more money E*bay makes. These tools can help resellers buy hot items to flip for more. If E*bay resellers are get granted access to detailed reports of "most watched" or "most searched" or "most viewed" then that spoils me from getting a good price on test equipment because I'm being "tracked" on the E*bay site.

(1) Most watched item reports, most common keywords searched reports, hit counter reports.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC