Re: Stepper Drivers

What problems do you have? This would be the datasheet for the discussed

> chip: > >

I looked long and hard at their "product page" and didn't notice that the datasheet link had fallen off the right-hand edge...

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

What I really don't like are web sites that assume everyone has a wide-screen gaming laptop and you can't scroll all the way to the left. Usually I ditch those instantly, assuming that such vendors aren't really interested in additional revenue. Hopefully, when their "web designers" have run out of popcorn they someplace else to do their damage.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

What I don't get is why the datasheet is not a big, static link in the upper left of any semiconductor product page. It's the one most important piece of information anybody might want.

Web design for a target audience of professionals who know what they're looking for is sooo simple. Why is everybody trying so hard to make web pages unusable (even starting out from perfectly functional pages)? And semi mfgrs still have the best pages of all technical companies -- it gets a lot worse when you move to passive and electromechanical stuff, and web pages for non-electrical engineering stuff finally hit rock bottom.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

My guess it that it's for two reasons. First, some marketing folks make the core decisions and they are often disconnected from the customer base. Something that is unthinkable in my field of medical devices but seems normal in electronics. Often they seem to not even have clue how the typical design process works. The other issue is that they hire web design firms that consist of a bunch of kids. Those guy really don't know anything about the target audience.

Last but not least the executives in their glass palaces remain blissfully unaware of all this despite rather horrendous financial results. If things like the 266M loss for NXP don't cause a massive wake-up call then I don't know what will. And that isn't new. When Jan Timmer delivered his "Chrustchev-style" speech I wrote to him. Did he listen? Nope.