Re: Sinusoidal oscillator configuration

df

> ] crystal in a Pierce Oscillator configuration. However I am not sure > > if this crystal will work in that configuration. Also, I can't seem to > > figure out what the output would look like. Would it be a square wave > > or a sinusoidal? I came across a diagram that pictured a sinusoidal at > > the inverter input and a square wave at the output for the Pierce > > configuration. Is that correct? > > > I would greatly appreciate any pointers on this. > > > Thank you! > > Try a Phase-Shift oscillator. I use them easily for > audio frequencies, not sure I've gone up to 125khz > though. > Ken- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -

The 125khz crystal is the most difficuot item.

Use bipolar autobiassed amplifier for crystal 100KHZ or so . collector load of 100kohm. 1M from base to collector. capacitors. of 470pf from collector to ground and base to ground crystal from collector to base.Oscillation will build till it clips ( during clipped part of the cycle gain is zero.) =2E Detect signal at the collector with high impedance and reduce the supply to the collector resistor when a suitable non clippng amplitude is reached. Should be able to limit harmonics to -30db when a simple lpf will get you to -40db.

Reply to
dougfgd