Re: Shoulder Tripod??

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Back when I was video-capturing my children I had a big-ass VHS > camcorder that rested on my shoulder. Manageable easily for an hour > without tiring. > > Now I have a little Canon with swing out view screen. > > Gets very tiring to hold at arm's length... especially during an > 8-year-old granddaughter's birthday party ;-) > > Is there such a thing as a "shoulder tripod" to assist with this? > > Thanks! > > ...Jim Thompson

get a MONOpod. it's a single telescopic leg with camera mount. Or you could make a shoulder stock;I made one long ago for my SLR when using long focal-length lenses.

you might try visiting a real photo/camera store.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I'll probably cobble my own version. All the commercial stuff is overkill _and_ over-priced.

I thought I did today. It was like going into a Radio-Shack and trying to buy a resistor :-(

Malcolm Moore's choice of google terminology provided lots of pointers. Thanks again, Malcolm!

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I just read that Ritz Camera is downsizing,eliminating 300 of it's 700 stores,and is beginning liquidation sales at those stores Saturday(today!). There was a .pdf file listing the closing stores and their addresses. Google will turn it up.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I bought a "Quantaray by Sunpak QSX Compact Monopod" at a "camera shop".

Worked great, much better than expected. Managed yesterday to stand there in one place for an hour as a magician entertained ~30 kids, moving shot position around smoothly.

But I'm now shopping for at least how to build my own quasi steadi-cam ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson wrote: ...Jim Thompson

Won't that cut into your drag racing time?

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to

Naaah! It's 50 miles from our place to the granddaughter's birthday party... never once drove less than 15 over ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You weren't building anything at the time, though.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I was thinking of how to devise a PSpice component "LVS_SIM_PROTECT", to keep from accidentally simulating using an LVS netlist (which has no parasitics). Succeeded ;-)

Only a particular surfing client will realize what that is all about ;-)

...Jim Thompson

"One experiment is worth a thousand expert opinions."

                                                -Wernher von Braun