Re: PCB laser cutting

We buy blue anodized boxes and use a Boss laser to blast the artwork.

That saves a ton of hassle with labels and silkscreening.

I tried using it to cut patterns into copperclad FR4, instead of dremeling. It didn't cut copper very well and burned the FR4. Maybe some fast pulsed laser would work better.

Is this the CO2 laser or the fiber laser?

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

This one is fiber.

So its wavelength is one micron (CO2 is 10 microns).

One micron is still infrared. Really need a green to UV pulsed laser to cut copper without burning FR4. But these lasers are hideously expensive.

I have not researched it, but here is the German answer:

.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn