telephone connection

i have connected(extension) a telephone in parrallel to my available connection so that i could be able be able to access it from my room.but the problem is if i attend the call it gets disconnected by itself after a matter of 20 to 30 seconds .but if the call is first attened at the original then at the extension line connection is not cut off why so?what is the solution?sorry if u cant understand

Reply to
prad

are you talking about a normal bell telephone connection (usa) ???

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

Not sure what you are saying.

Are you saying that when you answer the call using the second phone and the call gets cut off while you are talking on the second phone?

Reply to
DecaturTxCowboy