Re: Neat Old Magazines on line

Some interesting old projects there. I'm getting nostalgic looling at some of

the articles I read during my mis-spent youth...

You probably ment this ?

"Use a heavy turkish towel over the too-fleshy parts and slap good and hard to firm up the flabby tissues" That's right girls, slap your ass repeatedly to firm them up!"

The one on the left seems to have invented break-dancing.

TheM

of the articles I read during my mis-spent youth...

firm up the flabby tissues"

I nominate Rich for this duty! ;-)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Not quite... I was more interested in the mechanical and electronic mags of the '50s Found a neat construction project on how to build a go-kart or mini bike. I remember back then getting brain freeze whenever a project required welding. Now that I have a decent MIG, I haven't the time for those projects. Such is life.

Somewhere I have filed away the construction article that appeared in the amateur physicist section of SciAm on how to build a HeNe laser from scratch. Lots of advanced glass blowing skills needed. Was somewhere from the mid 60s.

Reply to
Oppie

of the articles I read during my mis-spent youth...

to firm up the flabby tissues"

Ick!

Give me the "after" models. ;-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

messagenews:2FIVi.2875$p%.878@trndny03...

some of the articles I read during my mis-spent youth...

to firm up the flabby tissues"

O paddlemeister, your link gives me the dreaded '404'.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

OK, Here:

Actually, these aren't _that_ bad - you should take a ride on the city bus sometime! And at least these babes are _doing_ something about it! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hi Oppie, I have a CD of SciAm covering 1928 to 2001. I find two articles;

September, 1964. How a Persevering Amateur Can Build a Gas Laser in the Home

February, 1969. How to Construct an Argon Gas Laser with Outputs At Several Wavelengths

Mike

Reply to
mike

That would be the 1964 article then. Pretty involved to construct. Yes, 'persevering' was the key word there. Makes today's semiconductor lasers look ultra simple by comparison. If you feel like posting it to news:alt.binaries.e-book.technical I'm pretty sure it would be appreciated by a larger audience.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie