Wanted: Old Magazines

I am looking for copies of two particular issues of electronic mags, specifically:

  1. Electronic & Radio Engineer, Sept. 1958

  1. Wireless World, Nov. 1962

If anyone has these and is prepared to sell them to me or copy me an article from each one I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Whereabouts are you? WW for 1962 is likely to still be in some public libraries in the UK (or rather in their dungeon store room).

E & RE you might need to visit an older university library and talk nicely to the librarian. Your local library should be able to tell you where the nearest location with a physical copy is.

Regards, Martin Brown.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Yes, I am in the UK. In the past my local library has only been able to help with getting copies of specific articles in magazines and not able to lend a copy complete but I will try again.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

They tend to be held in the reference section so you can read them at a library and photocopy parts but not take them away.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

I live in a small town with a small library with a very small reference section so I don't expect they'll have them. Does that mean I actually have to go to a big library that has them or can I get my local library tp borrow a copy for me to look at/copy in the library?

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Magazines don't survive transport too well. Old ones tend to be well worn so I doubt you could get an interlibrary loan or an out of county loan. You might get a photocopy of a few pages though if you ask.

But even if the library has no physical copies of journals it might have an internet subscription to JSTOR or an equivalent service. Ancient and prehistoric articles are often free or nominal charge.

Ask your librarian - they are not (all) dragons.

Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin Brown

Take a look at

If you're in London you can walk into the IET library as a member of the public. If you join up (used to be about £35/year) you can access their online index, borrow books and order copies of articles.

Chris

Reply to
christofire

or

ou

Interesting, thanks.

In the past I have gone to the library at Imperial College - which used to be the Science Museum Library.

Reply to
Richard Mullens

,

(or

ou

le to

in

you

,

Hmm,

Seems that Wireless World is kept in Swindon

Reply to
Richard Mullens

That's handy as I am already a member.;

Cheers