Re: Micro-vibrations could lead to file system corruption or harddisk damage.

Hello,

> > I have a new hypothesis for you: > > "Micro-vibration leads to file system corruption or harddisk damage". > > For example the Antec 1200 case of my DreamPC 2006 has "harddisk bays" wh=

ich

have "cooling fans" connected to them. > > I notice how these cooling fans start to vibrate/osccilate after a while. > Like a bridge being blow out of proportions like the wind if it happens i=

n a

certain way. > > The drive bays seem to start humming a little bit more then usual. One I > touch it the humming stops. > > So I think it could be possible that these micro-vibrations could cause f=

ile

system corruption when reading/writing or maybe even sector damage. > > However in the case of a fire it would still be handy to pull out the > harddisk bays. So I will leave the harddisks bays "loose" in the computer=

so

I can pull them out quickly. > > (Or perhaps I change my mind and screw them tight with screws, maybe duri=

ng

a fire they can be unscrewed, I will probably screw them in later, but to=
tired for it now ! ;) :)) > > (This could explain why one of my harddisks had volume corruption today) > > Oh yeah another explanation which first came to my mind: > > It's a space event, particles from space hit the harddisk magnets... the > reason for this hypo is because other people on this planet reported syst=

em

failures as well just a day ago or so... but that could be a coincidence =

;)

:) > > Bye, > =A0 Skybuck.

Your problem (well, one of your problems) is you need to do some vortex shedding inside the computer case.

I recommend the Vortex Video Card, available at:

on_Graphics_Card.html

Reply to
mpm