Re: Metal strip bus?

My project requires hooking up a lot of 120 V wiring

> (hot and neutral) so I figure to use this stuff on wood, >

I'm sure most guys know about the stuff, > (Of course I'll use the uninsulated stuff ;-), > with woodscrews and washers through the holes to > secure the wiring. > > I seem to recall that type of product in 1/4"-1/8" width > which I could use to form prototype multilayered PCB's > in a quick simple wood plank. > Is anyone familiar with that smaller stuff? > Ken

Not a good idea for many reasons :-( Whilst dry wood is a reasonable insulator it also burns very well too !! You should look at more 'trades like' approach and as said that conforms to your local codes. A device like you describe, should it be encountered by others, would leave you open to a pretty hefty injury suit !!

Regards ........ MB

Reply to
Mike Blake