Re: Looking for Microcontroller Recommendations

That is not a PIC. That is a PIC32! A whole different beast. If you

> like your sanity, I wouldn't program those in assembly though (google > 'MIPS one delay slot').

That's a neat feature. Wikipedia says most assemblers baby you though.

If delay slots are hard for you, you must've never written 8086 assembler. The inorthogonality is staggering until you get used to it. IA-32 and 64 are better of course.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

I never had trouble with 8086 assembly. In fact I found it easier than most because there was only one place to put things so I didn't have to remember a synthetic register convention. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Back in the old days I wrote a lot of 8086 assembly. Actually I wrote some x86 assembler recently. At least the x86 executes the instructions in the order you write them. The problem with the one-delay slot on MIPS is that the program is not executed in the order you write it. It is something which is easely overlooked and makes the code hard to read. Especially if you are not programming MIPS assembly on a daily basis. IOW a software maintenance nightmare.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel