Re: Looking for Data on Toshiba S5977 Diode power Module 4B GTR IGBT

I have a few of these and don't know exactly what they are and can't

>find a schematic of the internals or a data sheet. > I've tried about 5 different search engines and different search terms >without success. >Anyone with better google foo than mine? >These first 5 pictures show the part. >>

The differing terminal capabilities don't jive with a diode module.

Toshiba case size 2-109A4A is found on 'GTR' modules that harbour 500V/1.2KV, 200A/400A IGBTs. Darlingtons have a fifth (signal) terminal on the same body shape.

Emitter in the middle (M6) Kelvin terminal at extreme end (M4)

Typical part numbers:

MG400H1US1 500V 400A MG300N1US1 1KV 300A MG300Q1USI 1.2KV 300A

They all have internal anti-parallel (CE) diodes built in.

If it's a fet, it'll have a lower saturation voltage, at lower current.

If it's an SCR or triac, it'll latch.

RL

Reply to
legg

Well, you can do simple tests with a multimeter and a 1A bench supply to confirm terminal functions and type.

Any leakage on the 'base' terminal, or drain terminal, means it's duff.

All the part numbers mentioned are bog-standard switching-speed IGBTs.

RL

Reply to
legg