Re: is it possible? 1600W step-down transformer so tiny!

Hi guys, thanks for the great response. Perhaps I should have been more specific.. Its a pizza style oven -

I have no idea if this requires continuous or not, how can you tell or do you know by virtue of its function?

Kind regards, James.

Reply to
James Kelly

So I'm, uh, guessing that pizza isn't readily available in the UK?

Reply to
onehappymadman

"There are independently controlled top and bottom heating elements, so all types (frozen or fresh) and sizes (7 to 12 inches) of pizza can be custom baked. With a rising-crust pizza, for example, you should run the lower heating element for 10-12 minutes before turning on the top element."

Bad news - the converter is designed for an intermittent 1600 watt load such as a hair dryer or iron, not for a variable load of 600/1200 watts. Most likely something will give up; either the oven or the converter.

For a $50 total investment I suppose you can give it a try. Or, get someone handy with electrical wiring to connect the top and bottom elements in series and then put a 220V plug on it!

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Good pizza is hard to find anywhere outside of Italy IMHO..... In my experience the Presto pizza oven is a step up from the traditional oven approach, although a wood buring oven is next on my plans..... Yeah, I'm crazy about pizza......

James Kelly

Well thanks for the warning!

I'm guessing chicken burritos are rare in the UK as well...? That's the one food I was really, really craving when I was in Mindanao (the Philippines)...

Reply to
onehappymadman

Have you tried asking the manufacturer if they have a 220v version?

CONSUMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT National Presto Industries, Inc.

3925 North Hastings Way Eau Claire, WI 54703-2209 Voice Phone: 1-800-877-0441 Fax Phone: 1-715-839-2242 Email: snipped-for-privacy@GoPresto.com
Reply to
reply
["Followup-To:" header set to sci.electronics.design.] On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:36:03 +0100, James Kelly wrote in Msg.

Ditch it, buy a real stove, and cook yourself some healthy food.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest