Can you wire an iPod to LEDs?

This is more of a general question but, is it at all possible to wire, let's say, an iPod to a series of LEDs that you'd pick up at RadioShack? Something along the lines of having the LEDs emit in response to the music, similar to how a stereo's LED indicator will pulses in response to what;s playing. If it is possible, how difficult (and costly) would this endeavor be? Thank for any help you can give.

Reply to
2minutehate

Quoting 2minutehate [ snipped-for-privacy@yahoooo.com], that posted to sci.electronics.misc on Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:32:19 -0400 under article :

I would start searching on how to make a LED display using the LM3914 LED driver IC.

[]s
--
Chaos MasterĀ®, posting from Brazil.
"I know the difference between myself and my reflection. "

"2minutehate" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

The good news: It can be done. The bad news: It will become costly and impractical.

You can tap the headphone signal, amplify it by an opamp and feed it into an bar display driver like a LM3914, LM3915 or even an old uaa180. So far so good but... You will need some design skills to make such a thing and when you're ready you will find the circuit energy consuming like most LED circuits do.

petrus bitbyter

petrus bitbyter