Re: High voltage switch <500µs and max 7kV

> > snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: > >> I'm looking for a way to switch on and off a high voltage on a very >> small electrode for some electrospray experiments. Do you have any >> suggestions on what circuits to use for making max 7kV pulses of about >> 1ms duration? The capacitance is absolutely minimal since the >> electrode is only a small metal ring Ø 2mm. > >If the switching time of ~10ms is satisfactory, the simplest solution >could be a high voltage reed relay. > > >Vladimir Vassilevsky >DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant >

The problem with reed relays is that they are best switched at zero volts. They have very short life spans when used as a hot switch.

It would be very easy to make a solid state relay for this. Especially since he states that the capacitive load is very low, and there is no resistive load at all.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored