Re: Hand wiring up smd led's

Another problem I'm having is getting all the led's to turn on at the same time. It seems the resistances for each led have to be widely different.

For example, to get "purple" I had to put in 200 ohms for blue and 300 for red. 200 ohms for each just gave red(I couldn't even tell if the blue led was on but it didn't look like it).

I guess this has to do with the voltage rating of each and shouldn't be a problem with my driver since it has pwm for each channel. (I'll just have to play around different ratios)

What's wierd is that it seems that only one will turn on if both have the same resistance... but again, Maybe the red is just greatly overpowering the red?

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

To get reliable brightness and turn on times use current mode drivers.

Reply to
JosephKK