Re: GhostScript/GhostView ??

True. However, one of the first questions I ask new clients is what

> software they use for docs, databases, calcs and CAD. So I can keep things > compatible. It's always like this: MS-Office for the first three, Orcad, > and AutoCad for mechanical stuff (one of them uses SolidWorks).

Isn't AutoCAD to Solidworks like ORCAD to, say, Eagle: Yes, lots of people use the former, but the later is one heck of a lot better and generally preferred if starting a new company rather than just paying maintenance for what they've been using for a decade?

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

AutoCAD is to Solidworks as a circus calliope is to a Lexus.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I have never considered either because DesignCAD 3D is all I'd ever need. AFAIK SolidWorks is much more powerful but also very expensive. Pricewise mechanical CAD plays in a much higher league.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to