Re: Design Skills Test Question

Design Skills Test Question, what does this do...

> > C >V2-----SW1----+--||---+--74HCU04----+----OUT > | | | >V1-----SW3----+ +----SW2------+ > >SWx are analog switches. > > ...Jim Thompson

It *can* be used as a strobed analog comparator. I guess it could be the front end of a fairly crappy SAR or counter-type ADC.

Or sort of a phase modulator.

Or, if you turn all the switched on, a universe ender.

John

Yep, fairly crappy... 10-bit SAR, made with 25% tolerance, 2% _ratio_ resistors... absolutely monotonic, no missing codes... yep, crappy ;-)

I'm also using it that way in a different application.

Hmmmm! I'll have to ponder that.

Sno-o-o-o-ort ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Are you using a resistor ladder network? Classic ladder or segmented? Or just a string? I thought capacitor networks were the hot thing these days.

John

Magic Thompson kind of thing ;-)

Only works in certain processes, not in the one I'm working.