Re: Dell Laptop AC Adapter Repair

Hi,

> > Have one Dell Laptop AC Adapter that is emitting hissing sound. A > physical checkout does not reveal any burnt parts. > > Model:PA-1900-05D PA-9 Family > Manufacturer: LiteOn > Input: 100-240V 50-60Hz 1.5A > Output: 20VDC 4.5A > Marking "CN-06G356-71615-432-061F Rev L04" > > Any schematics that are available? > > All advise is welcome. Thanks > ???SeventhPrince

It's a switchmode power supply so normal troubleshooting techniques apply. Check for high ESR electrolytic capacitors, bad connections, shorted components, etc.

See the SMPS repair guide at the sites below, or as someone else said, order a replacement.

WARNING: Line powered switchmode power supplies can be deadly, make sure you understand the safety issues.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser