Re: Both harddisk fans just stopped ?

Wow,

> >I was playing Battlefield 2 full version, when I suddenly smelled this >really bad burn smell. > >Maybe the smell came from outside... but I decided to check my computer... >and too my shock both harddisk fans were stopped ?! >

burning smells do not come from stalled PC fans. Too little power, even when stalled.

( I left my computer on the whole night to download stuff with bitcomet ) > >What could have caused the papst fans to stop spinning ? They both on 5 >volts... >

if BOTH fans stopped spinning, the power supply failed, got shorted, there is a flaky power-connection or there is insufficient startup voltage (e.g: 12v fans running on 5V is a no-no)....... Electronic Hardware 101. Highly unlikely to be either a fan failure or excess dust-buildup unless lint was physically jamming fan rotation... usually a problem only with the turbine-style fans on high-end video cards.

John Lewis

Reply to
John Lewis