Both harddisk fans just stopped ?

Wow,

I was playing Battlefield 2 full version, when I suddenly smelled this really bad burn smell.

Maybe the smell came from outside... but I decided to check my computer... and too my shock both harddisk fans were stopped ?!

( I left my computer on the whole night to download stuff with bitcomet )

What could have caused the papst fans to stop spinning ? They both on 5 volts...

Maybe they don't have enough power to keep spinning...

Maybe only a little bit of dust can stop them from spinning...

Or maybe nvidia cards were drawing a little bit more power than usefull.

I immediatly shutdown the computer, opened up the case, and touched the harddisks...

But they were cool to touch...

If the smell did came from the pc... then maybe from the papst fans themselfes...

I also tried to get them spinning with a screwdriver while the pc was on... but they refused to start spinning.

Now I restarted my DreamPC or some may call it NightmarePC for fun =D and now the fans are spinning again.

I'll will play battlefield 2 again to see if it happens again...

Otherwise I might have to replace them both... with my 2 spare fans ;)

And some day clean those f****ng fans =D

FANS SUCK :)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying
3 theories for ya:

  1. Fans sticky because of dust and fine dust in oil. Don't make any cheese jokes please :)

  2. Little green martians invaded my pc and stopped the fans.

  1. A strong wind blew through my computer when there was a draft and stopped the fans ;) Could have been a gigant fart from a troll lol.

I like 2 and 3 best :)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Actually that's not true... I just remembered... the pc was off... hmm..

I could have sworn I left it on... maybe it shutdown ? or maybe I did shut it off myself :)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

No wait...

I did leave it on... I took a nap in the afternoon... so... it was still on... that's when it happened.

In the afternoon... fans stopped... oh-oh.

Bye, Skybuck ;)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Please stop talking to yourself.

Reply to
meerkat

I would rather he stop answering himself..

Reply to
Craig Sutton

We are all "blogging" on here and describing our personal computer problems.

Besides, nobody even reads blogs :P* hehehe.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

You need to know the difference between "blogging" and "asking a question."

Reply to
FKS

Hmm,

Well this time I left my computer on the whole night and this morning the fans were still spinning ?!

Very strange.

Maybe it's posibility 2 after all, the wind stopped the fans.

or

  1. Suddenly not enough power, though normally it has enough power.... strange.

Well I have seen the fans not spin up... but I have never seen them just stop ?

Strange.

I'll keep an eye on them to see if it ever happens again ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

These two fans are directly connected to the power box if I am not mistaken.

They are controlled via the powerbox.

Maybe the powerbox thought the temperatures were cool enough to simply stop these 2 fans as well ? hmm.

Never heard of such a thing but it's possible...(?)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

I just ignore him, but if you feel like getting your panties all in a bunch, then go for it!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

'Skybuck Flying' wrote: | We are all "blogging" on here and describing our personal computer problems. | | Besides, nobody even reads blogs :P* hehehe. _____

Bogorrhea is a more apt term for your posts. Try posting facts and questions in an organized manner. Try to engage usefully in a thread that may help other participants.

Phil Weldon

Reply to
Phil Weldon

Sorry to hear that,

I have a different oppinion, I think my posts will help loads of people with the same problems and possibly even same motherboard.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck The Destroyer

It's opinion, idiot.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog