Re: Automatic pollution control for cars and highways.

> electric cars do not generate pollution.

>> So, new technology is the answer. > > Keeping in mind that powerplants do generate pollutants (unless they > are nuclear),

Nuclear plants generate pollution; how much depends largely upon how quickly those responsible for storing high-level waste get fed up with storing it. Even if the high-level waste is safely contained indefinitely, low-level waste causes some degree of pollution, as does mining uranium ore.

Solar, wind, wave, tidal, hydro and geothermal power all have much lower levels of pollution than fossil fuels. Most of the pollution arises from the construction and eventual disposal of the plant.

Reply to
Nobody

Even conventional coal powered plants do not create as much pollution as the equivalent number of fossil-fuel-powered vehicles. The worst environmental impact comes from irresponsible mining techniques. Point-of-source scrubbers and maintaining optimal efficiency reduce the overall pollution and keep it localized to an area which may not be as critical. But the answer to the global energy crisis, as well as pollution and AGW, is to reduce our individual demand for energy by instituting lifestyle changes.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

My proposed lifestyle change: Kill all the liberals. That's like the lawyer joke, "A good start" ;-)

...Jim Thompson