Re: Archie Plonked Me

Oh day of woe; oh day of sorrow!

> >Archie plonked me. What will I do now?

Post something on-topic.

John

John:

I do understand your desire to keep all posts within a NG on-topic. However, there is more than one driver for posting on any NG that does not fit that mold. It's easy enough to simply read the subject line and decide that a particular post is best deleted, depending on what your own interests are. In this instance, you seem to want to function as the local interpreter of SED-acceptable topics and police the forum, seeking out off-topic posts to cite the author. In my back-and-forth with Archie, I have certainly noted that you are a prolific contributor to this group and so I can reason that you may have a stronger-than-normal desire to keep the NG free of extraneous banter. Unfortunately, that desire conflicts with my wish to make Archie responsible for his nonsense here and in other groups by calling attention to and challenging him periodically. I apologize if the off-topic remarks irk you, but I offer that I utilize the subject line to clearly state my topic so you can easily skip over my messages if you wish. I also utilize a single nym to deal with Archie's 40+ identities.

Happy Monday.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

That why newsgroups have charters and Usenet and Internet providers have 'terms of service' and 'acceptable use policies'.

I suggest you read your providers'.

At the very least post an off-topic message that may be of interest to the group prefixed in the subject line by " OT: ".

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Challenge him? He actually knows more about electronics than you do.

I apologize if

Real electronics designers have real names.

John

Do you expect me to believe that your real name is that of a restroom?

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Good point. I'll try to implement now.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Do you expect me to believe that "Cranium" is anything but wishful thinking?

John is my real name. What's yours?

John

Retard Cranium)

He is a total retard. He has no intention of following anyone's rules. Much less any formal organization.

He is a total retard. He would take two hours just to find his ISP's TOS agreement. Then, he would spend several more looking up the words in the agreement that he does not know the meaning of, which could extent the problem into the night, since he has a very limited vocabulary.

He is nothing more than an attention seeking kook f*ck, and you should treat him as such by ignoring him.

Reply to
Herbert John "Jackie" Gleaso

Good to hear.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Retard Cranium)

I haven't actually read his posts so I can't comment. I'm just advising him of general 'netiquette'.

Time will assuredly tell us that.

If he is as you say above I'm far more likely to get his account(s) cancelled. I have a superb track record of this, I know how to do it inside out.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

What was the dog's name in Wallace and Gromit. Oh Gromit of course ! Is that a real name ? Did you see him reading the book "Electronics for Dogs" ? I think that was in 'A Grand Day Out'.