Re: Americans are even bigger IDIOTS than I thought ! GOD trumps science.

sadly this mindless religious brainwashing has also taken effect throughout the world, not just in ths usa.

and not restricted to Christianity either!

well, until i have the proper authenticated degrees from all the available universities and am considered smart enough to know everything, God help us ! ;-))

worse, some people now consider the "god of money" to be of superior rank in lifes realm!

my my my, life IS cheap! at least its IS renewable as long as we dont poison ourselves to extinction.

As even most elementary-school graduates know, the moon reflects the light

of

the sun but produces no light of its own. > > But don't tell that to the good people of Waco, who were "visibly angered

by

what some perceived as irreverence," according to the Waco Tribune. > > Nye was in town to participate in McLennan Community College's

Distinguished

Lecture Series. He gave two lectures on such unfunny and adult topics as

global

warming, Mars exploration, and energy consumption. > > But nothing got people as riled as when he brought up Genesis 1:16, which

reads:

"God made two great lights -- the greater light to govern the day and the

lesser

light to govern the night. He also made the stars." > > The lesser light, he pointed out, is not a light at all, but only a

reflector.

> At this point, several people in the audience stormed out in fury. One

woman

yelled "We believe in God!" and left with three children, thus ensuring

that

people across America would read about the incident and conclude that Waco

is as

nutty as they'd always suspected. > > This story originally appeared in the Waco Tribune, but the newspaper has > mysteriously pulled its story from the online version, presumably to avoid > further embarassment. > >

nye.html

Reply to
HapticZ