Re: A premonition

:
Post a refutation, with cites to prove me wrong

You claim there was violence when the familywas picked. It wasn't usual in the Netherlands at that time. It is up to you prove that their deportation was in any way unusual.

I'm 54. with a service related disability gotten during my > two combat tours in Vietnam. They wouldn't take me for Iraq or > Afghanistan. =A0Too old, too shot up.

And too brain damaged.

Oh..I did protect my "little people" from the bad guys.

So did Lt. Calley.

He doesn't seem to have worked out quite who he should have been protecting.

The Dutch didn't have that particular problem - they had been put in as witnesses to supervise a cease-fire, and there weren't enough of them to protect the Bosnians, and they weren't equipped to fight anybody. They'd been making repeated requests for reinforcement and for heavy equipment for months before the massacre - as much to have the capacity to protect themselves from the Bosnians, who weren't exactly pacifists, as to protect the Bosnians from the Serbs.

You may be unhappy they they didn't choose to sacrifice themselves in some kind of pointless - if dramatic -gesture, but this was real life, not some half-baked Hollywood epic.

I don't remember any hairnets in the television footage of the events

- on either the male or the female soldiers involved. The Dutch commander did have a fairly ridiculous moustache, but so do many Dutch officers.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

A raid by armed police on Jews was simply a "come along now"? Particularly when supervised by Shiergdinheist (sp) or Gestapo officers?

Right..and Ive some ocean front property in Gobi Id love to sell you.

The opinion of a supporter of sending little children to the gas chambers is noted.

Actually, no he didnt.

Fire came from the village, hence the village was VC supporters. Like the Dutch were Nazi supporters.

so they werent armed with small arms at the least? They did have armored cars.

Indeed. which just shows how far removed from the concept of courage or honor the Dutch have fallen.

No wonder your "Golden Age" ended 500 yrs ago. A decadent people.

Your failing memory appears to be an issue with you. Have you considered seeking out some medical treatment?

Gunner

Gunner Asch