What does it really do when you plug in a pcmcia wireless card?

Hey, I am working on robots with a pc104 pcu, and use the pcmcia slot for Pretec CompactWLAN cards, thus giving me access to wifi. My probleme is that for some obscure reasons i get errors that are, I believe due to bad initialisation of the firmware during normal boot. This happens randomly, either it does or not, but when it does, the only thing I can do is take the card out and plug it back in again, and then it works...

I must find a way to correc this proble, and have already in a script found out how to figure out if it is loaded correctly (using ping), and now need to reload it correctly as long sa ping doesnt answer.

I have tried everything:

-calling /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart

-calling /etc/init.d/pcmcia reload

-calling hotplug unregister firmware

-calling hotplug register firmware

-calling hotplug unregister net

-calling hotplug register net

- removing and reloading the corresponding modules (orinoco and hermes)

some seem to create the same reactions as if I put the card out and in again, but it nevers solves the bad firmware load probleme.

so my question is, what else does loading a card do, that all this doesnt also do?

Thanks for the help...

Reply to
kofuu